FOREIGN POLICY COMMITTEE
The Foreign Policy Committee has a Chairperson, twelve members and their deputies.
The Committee reviews questions regarding the:
- foreign policy of the Republic of Macedonia and its relations with other states and international organizations;
- policy which provides care for the situation and the rights of the Macedonian population in the neighbouring countries and for the Macedonian expatriates, as well as for the cultural, economic and social rights of its citizens abroad;
- joining or resigning from alliances or communities with other states;
- joining or resigning from membership in international organizations;
- need for starting negotiations for reaching bilateral and multilateral international agreements of the Republic of Macedonia, i.e. for platforms of these negotiations;
- ratification of international agreements;
- international regulation concerning human and civil rights and freedoms and documents of the international organizations and associations;
- establishment of parliamentary cooperation of the State with other states and international organizations;
- establishment of cooperation with the respective foreign policy committees of the parliaments of other states;
- initiatives and proposals for defining the foreign policy strategy of the Republic of Macedonia and
- other questions regarding the foreign policy of the Republic of Macedonia.