STANDING INQUIRY COMMITTEE FOR PROTECTION OF CIVIL FREEDOMS AND RIGHTS
The Committee has a Chairperson, fourteen members and their deputies.
The Committee considers issues regarding:
- general questions, proposals and opinions regarding the implementation of the provisions of the Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia, laws and other regulations and acts of significance for the realization and protection of civil freedoms and rights;
- points to the need of adoption of laws, regulations and acts with a view to a more comprehensive protection of civil freedoms and rights;
- follows, reviews and analyses the implementation of the ratified international acts which regulate protection of civil freedoms and rights;
- reviews communications from citizens and takes a position upon them;
- cooperates with scientific and professional organizations in the filed of protection of civil freedoms and rights;
- cooperates with relevant foreign and international bodies in the filed of the protection of the civil freedoms and rights and
- other issues related to the protection of civil freedoms and rights. The Committee cannot exercise investigative and other judicial functions.
- The Committee’s findings are the basis for starting a procedure for accountability of public office-holders.