STANDING INQUIRY COMMITTEE FOR PROTECTION OF CIVIL FREEDOMS AND RIGHTS
The Standing Inquiry Committee for Protection of Civil Rights and Freedoms has a Chairperson, eight members and their deputies.
The Committee considers issues regarding:
- general questions, proposals and opinions regarding the implementation of the provisions of the Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia, concerning the basic civil freedoms and rights;
- points to the need of adoption of laws, regulations and acts with a view to a more comprehensive protection of civil freedoms and rights;
- follows, reviews and analyses the implementation of the ratified international acts which regulate protection of civil freedoms and rights;
- reviews communications from citizens and takes a position upon them;
- cooperates with scientific and professional organizations in the filed of protection of civil freedoms and rights;
- cooperates with relevant foreign and international bodies in the filed of the protection of the civil freedoms and rights and
- carries out other activities within its competence.
The Committee cannot exercise investigative and other judicial functions.
The Committee’s findings are the basis for starting a procedure for accountability of public office-holders.
Chairman: BEKIM FAZLIU
Vice-Chairman: SADIJE ILJAZI
Members: ILIJA DIMOVSKI
Deputy-members: SUZANA ANOVA